Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Time Management.



This next month of my life is going to be absolutely crazy. In my capstone course for the Journalism school, we are working on a campaign to help minimize toxic drinking on the KU campus. What does this entail? Well, my life is going to be consumed by meeting with my awesome team for hours and hours practically every day. Additionally, there is still research to be done. Myself, 3 other students, and our Professor are heading to Colorado State on Thursday morning. We will be interviewing administrators at CSU to determine how they have reduced their drinking levels. We will then leave Friday afternoon to return to Kansas. Quick trip. Members from my class will also travel to UNL, UVA, and Mizzou. This course proves to the world what we have learned in our 4 years at KU, and our ability to produce a worthy campaign. There was a news article about our class in the Lawrence-Journal World. You can find the article here. 

In addition to the nearly 40-hour a week campaigns course, I am additionally enrolled in 14 more hours. Of course at the end of the semester, comes the due dates for EVERYTHING. This next month I will have the opportunity to prove to myself my abilities of time management. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to better my skills? Right now, I make to-do lists. Rank them in importance. And complete the tasks as they come. (I also include tasks I've already completed, just so I can cross them off my list). <--- That might be cheating, but it makes me feel like I've accomplished something. 

Image from: http://th00.deviantart.net/fs27/300W/i/2008/162/c/0/Red_Solo_Cup_by_dmg025.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment