Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Leaving Lawrence...

Yesterday, I packed up my belongings in Lawrence. I was moving back to Colorado.  I am now a resident at my parent's home once again. Yikes. Yuck. Really? It is going to be an adjustment for both parties. I am use to leaving the house without someone asking, "where are you going?" My dad yesterday told me that if I wasn't going to come home at night I was to tell them. He wanted me to call him. I replied, "When I decide at 3am I am not coming home, you want me to call you?" He quickly replied, "A text will work."

I cannot complain to much. So far, I haven't paid for anything. My mother is being nice by doing my laundry as a graduation present. I get to park my car in the garage. The house is very clean, compared to my other house. And, they are going to pay for my gym membership!

It is just going to be hard not having my friends under the same roof as me. They were my family at school, and the ones I relied on. Growing up, I never imagined myself living in my parent's house again. But I guess with the poor economy, and my lack of funds, it is the only choice I have.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I'll be in your same boat here shortly. That is if I don't move to NYC. Speaking of, why don't you just come with me?!

    ReplyDelete