Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Story of the Half Marathon in Vegas...

My brother, Chris, has challenged me to run a half marathon on Sunday, December 5th in Vegas. They close down Las Vegas Boulevard for this marathon. I willingly accepted his offer, as I am trying to get back in shape. I have also always wanted to run a half marathon, and now I have a reason. I am very competitive when it comes to my brother. I cannot let him win in this half marathon. I am going to train, train, and train some more until I believe I can beat him. The only set back, he is training for an Iron Man Triathlon that is going to be taking place in early November. He will be in amazing shape.

I on the other hand, have a long ways to go. I am coming off of a four-year binge of pizza, and unhealthy eating habits. I will need to create a new diet for myself. (Living in my parent's house will help this. They have a clean kitchen that allows for food preparation, and my mother will slap the pizza out of my hand). Additionally, this is where the gym membership that my parent's are generously paying for comes in handy.

A half marathon is a little more than 13 miles. Currently, I think I can run about 2. The Las Vegas Marathon has a time limit on it. I have four hours to finish the race. Hopefully, I will not need four hours! If you would like to find out more about the race, or if you are interested in running with me, please go here.

2009 Rock-n-Roll Las Vegas MarathonLas Vegas, Nevada December 6, 2009Photo: Victah Sailer@Photo RunVictah1111@aol.com631-741-1865www.photorun.NET

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Kim! You will totally beat your brother! I wish I could run it with you, but I probs won't be making it out to Vegas!

    ReplyDelete