Monday, April 12, 2010

Does Somebody Have a Case of the Mondays?

Today, Monday, April 12th marks the beginning of my last month as an undergrad. Mondays are typically my worst day of the week. I am attend eight hours of class, and six of them are in Kansas City. However, this day has been absolutely amazing. Today WIBW in Topeka interviewed myself, our client and some fellow students about our campaign class' project. I then found out my Zumba class was canceled. Always a nice surprise, considering they gym we exercise in does not have air conditioning. Additionally, my Professor boosted my confidence by applauding the work I have been doing.


Now, as I sit at my computer I continue to research my future. I was directed to a program called University Of Dreams. They are an internship program/study abroad experience. They provide housing, food, and educational seminars. The reservations I am having are the expenses, and whether or not to go domestically or internationally. Going domestically would allow me to build contacts within the United States (and would be less expensive); however, going to London would allow me to experience a different culture. London would give the the opportunity to explore more of Europe. I always say, "if not now, then when?" But I have to keep my future in mind. What if after the internship culminates I receive a job offer. Would I want to live abroad? Would it have been a waste of money to not build a larger network in the United States? Should I even be considering this program when I am still waiting to hear back from other companies?

I think that I am going to go ahead and apply to the program to see what may come of it. And, as I drive to Kansas City tonight, I am going to roll the windows down, enjoy the weather, jam to Miike Snow, and not think about my future for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment