Monday, February 22, 2010

Famous last words...

NYFW: Michael Kors Spring-Summer 2010
("Starting Monday", I will look like this...)

Every week it is inevitable that I will say "
starting Monday." Whether it is referring to going to the gym, eating healthier, or actually reading for class. It could even be Tuesday, and I would still say, "starting Monday." I then proceed to do the complete opposite of what I was going to start on Monday. If I was going to eat healthy "starting Monday," I would then proceed to eat terribly until Monday. As if I am trying to get the most amount of junk food into my system before Monday. Basically, it is a never ending cycle. I could do amazing with my so-called weekly goals the first half of the week, and then completely BOMB the second half. Maybe it is because my weekend starts at 12:15 on Thursdays, or maybe it is because I am, after all, a college student. I mean, stereotypically speaking college students are lazy, pizza eating, beer drinking "adults." (None of which are me, right?)

But "starting tomorrow," as my good friend Devin always says, I am going to improve on this habit of mine. I will no longer put off what I can get done today, or something like that. This is going to be a challenge for me. I mean, after all, I do only have about 3 months left to be irresponsible. With that said, I leave you with some famous words from the one and only Tom Petty.

“You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out on a Tuesday with your friends when you have a paper due Wednesday. Spend money you don't have. Drink 'til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does..."



1 comment:

  1. that statement could never be more true!

    jessicadruck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete