Sunday, February 21, 2010

They say to never look back...



But I have had some of the best times of my life in the past 4 years. From studying abroad in Spain, to winning the 2008 Men's NCAA Basketball National Championship and everything in between, KU has been an amazing experience. I had doubts at first, but I am so happy that I decided to stay in Lawrence. I have met some amazing, unique, and inspiring people. I participated in classes that I never would have imagined myself taking. I started an organization at the University.

When deciding on a school to attend, my mother kept asking me whether I wanted to be a big fish in a small pond, or a small fish in a big pond. Well at KU I feel like I had to opportunity to experience both. I love that the professors in the Journalism school get to know each student on an individual level. It begins to take on the feel of a small college with in the bigger university. I love going out to eat in Lawrence and running into professors who know who you are, and are happy to talk to you.

Overall, my experience at KU has been truly remarkable. With the three months left I have in Lawrence, I plan to keep exploring the town, trying new things, and creating ever lasting memories with some of my best friends. And I hope to add another national championship to that list.

(PS this is me pretending I know how to use iMovie. I'm just trying to get better).

No comments:

Post a Comment