Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oh The Life of an Airline Child...

Let's face it, being the child of a pilot has its perks. I have reaped the benefits of it for as long as I can remember. As I approach 25, (in 2.5 years) I realize I need to take FULL advantage of the benefits while I still can. So, this past weekend I had nothing to do. I had just gotten to my parent's house from the gym. (I have to water their plants while they, too, reap the benefits of free travel.) It was noon, and I was curious as to what my big brother was doing that night. He lives in Vegas. It's a strange question to ask someone who is hours away from you. Well, I decided I was going to go visit him for the night. Just the night. I had to work Monday. (Remember, I am a grown up now?) Anyways, I check the flights to see if they are open. Well just my luck, there was a flight at 16:04 to Las Vegas that was pretty much wide open! It is now 1pm, and I am half an hour away from my apartment. I need to pack, shower, look professional, (you have to represent the airline in a positive way), and be out the door NO LATER THAN 2:15 if I want to be able to make it to the airport in time to catch the flight. 

Welp, I made it! I was off to Vegas. With this being a VERY last minute trip, we had nothing planned. We decided to go see Le Reve at the Wynn. The show was amazing. It was a water show with acrobats and such. They had one minor tech problem, but other than that I felt as though I was transported into a dream; like the title of the show suggests.  And because my brother is a local, we received a discount on our tickets. (There are always deals, you just have to ask!) I won $40 playing video poker, while my brother lost $20. He was not to pleased. We had a late night snack of In-N-Out. I cheated, and bought a ticket home, because I could not play the "wait in the airport and hope I make it home game" flying stand-by. Overall, my 27 hours in Vegas was a success. My otherwise boring weekend, turned into quite the adventure. 

Le Reve 
Find out more here.


Next weekend I am thinking I may trek to Kansas. 


1 comment: